Improving conditions for success
In France, approximately one in five new businesses closes within five years of its creation (source: INSEE – August 2006).
One of the effective responses conurbations can offer to improve this figure is the creation of business incubators. Incubators strive to facilitate the smooth running of accommodated businesses during their critical early years.
In Caen la Mer, 6 business incubators and business centres are currently operational:
* Émergence, Caen's business incubator
* Iliade, a tertiary incubator located in Hérouville-Saint-Clair
* Odysée, incubator and business centre in Hérouville-Saint-Clair
* Convergence, a business centre located in Caen
Together with 2 further facilities, managed by Synergia and launched within the conurbation in October 2008.
* Norlanda, the nautical incubator and business centre
* Plug N’ Work, Incubator and business centre for innovative technology
Thanks to their high quality service offer, PLUG N’ WORK and NORLANDA's modern premises already boast an occupation rate of around 80%!